collagen it is a protein produced by the human body to ensure the elasticity of the skin, being of great importance in the fight against premature aging. Like various cells in the body, over time they age and their capacity decreases. However, bad habits can end up accelerating this process and that is why it is important to take care of your skin from an early age. Learn more about this protein and where to find it natural sources of collagen use.
+ 7 foods that boost immunity; see how to consume
What is natural collagen?
As mentioned, it is a protein produced by the body itself, to ensure the elasticity of the skin, strengthening the nails, muscles and bones of human beings. According to the Brazilian Society of Dermatology, from the age of 25, more health care is needed to delay aging and stimulate cells that deteriorate naturally, which is why the intake of sources of collagen is so important.
How to replenish collagen naturally?
You may also like
While there are collagen capsules and supplements, the best and most natural way to replace collagen that is lost naturally is through eating. Many foods contain good doses of this protein, which helps the body prevent aging. Discover now the foods rich in this protein to add to your diet:
Foods rich in vitamin C
Vitamin C is very important for the health of the skin and is one of the main factors in preventing premature aging. This vitamin stimulates the production of collagen and helps maintain the firmness of the skin, preventing problems such as fine lines and wrinkles. Foods rich in vitamin C are:
- citrus such as: orange, lemon, acerola, tangerine and pineapple;
- Other fruits such as: guava, papaya, cashews and kiwi;
- Red fruits: strawberry, cherry, watermelon, raspberry, blackberry and acai;
- Vegetables and leaves: kale, spinach, watercress and cabbage, cauliflower, peppers, broccoli, peas and raw peppers.
+ Vitamin C is an ally of health and beauty
For carnivores, it is possible to find foods rich in collagen to add to their diet. Know what they are:
- Red meat: beef is rich in natural collagen, especially in its cartilage. As for pork, its main sources of collagen are found in the skin and bones. Other parts of red meat also contain collagen, but in smaller amounts than in the aforementioned parts, according to the Tua Saúde website;
- White meat: chicken is also rich in collagen, especially in bones, cartilage and feet. On the other hand, fish has the best strength of collagen from animal proteins, especially freshwater ones, which contain a large amount of it.
- gelatins: it is not a protein, however many people do not know it, but gelatin is made from the cartilage and bones of all the animals mentioned above (pork, chicken, fish, beef) and so on. It is in the cartilage that the greatest source of collagen is concentrated in animal proteins, that is, gelatin is an excellent food for the skin.
avoid bad habits
Bad habits destroy collagen cells in the body, accelerating their deterioration. In order for this not to happen and in order to be able to prevent the damage caused by the lack of collagen, it is necessary to start a healthy routine:
- Eat foods rich in collagen and other sources of vitamins and nutrients;
- Reduce the consumption of industrialized and ultra-processed foods;
- Drink the right amount of water for your weight;
- Decrease alcohol consumption;
- Stop smoking;
- Adopt a skin care routine and use sun protection every day.
+ 10 benefits of beets: Improves sex life and prevents disease
What can a lack of collagen cause?
Collagen is not only important for the skin and prevents the appearance of wrinkles and expression lines, but it is also important for maintaining healthy bones, joints, tendons and muscles. Make them stronger and avoid the problems like weakened bones, joints and others mentioned above. But, the first signs of a lack of collagen in the skin are sagging and cellulite, and in bones and joints, these are injuries caused by simple daily tasks.
How to complete?
Generally, it is not necessary to supplement collagen, but to add good sources of this protein in your routine, with a balanced diet. But if you want to supplement, it’s important to seek medical help and never try to make a change on your own. Well, only a specialist will check whether it is necessary to enter supplementation and tell you the correct dose.
In addition, to stimulate this protein in the skin, there are cosmetic procedures with the application of substances in the body. This substance can only be injected by a dermatologist, who will assess whether this procedure is really necessary in your case.
+ Pineapple peel tea improves skin and boosts immunity